Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hard coral genera of Singapore by Jeff Low and Staad3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat64fish/sets/72157594364391590/

post from Jeff
"I started to compile some of my hard coral photos and put them in this album. As my collection grows, hopefully it will cover all the coral genera that we have in Singapore. Sorry I can't go to species, because most (but not all) corals will require microscope work for that. The main reason I started this was because most of the idenification websites either cannot be searched, or use scientific names to search. If I already knew the scientific name (or common name), I probably won't need to search, right? So, anyway, at least for corals, you can use growth form to narrow down your search, based on the collection that is in the album. Staad3 has also contributed some of her photos If this "idenitification" album works out, I will try to do for the other organisms as well. Comments to improve the search functions of the album welcome. If you have photos you would like to add to the collection, please let me know. Enjoy! Jeff"

No comments: