Saturday, December 10, 2005

Forest cicada near Treetop boardwalk by Kevin


Forest cicada near Treetop trail
Originally uploaded by koiyau.

Spotted this forest cicada somewhere around the treetop boardwalk in the Central Catchment. The date? Erm..its a year ago. Heh I am really good at procrastination. I shot this at 2004 December 4th at 3pm or so. Forest cicadas are so so so hard to miss....their calls at least. When people tell me they enjoy the sounds of the forest, the call of the forest cicada inadvertently comes to mind. This is a really lucky find for me, I just followed the call of this critter because it sounded really really close. And Voila! There it is. Took a few shots but this is my best. Heh but the resolution is poor because I don't have a telephoto then. Remembered this shot because of a post at the habitatnews blog.





Ref:
The Biology Refugia: Cicada Moult
http://staff.science.nus.edu.sg/~sivasothi/biorefugia/2005/12/cicada-moult.html

No comments: