Thursday, April 06, 2006

Estuarine Crocodile Crocodylus porosus@ Sungei Buloh posted by Freddie Young

Dear All,
I have taken this photo at Sungei Buloh Wetland on 1 April 2006 at 3.00pm near to the waterhole no. 1.12. The location is after the bridge and turn left for approximately 20m. I have saw this crocodile twice on separate dates and according to the staff, it is very frequently seen roaming there. The crocodile is about 1.6m long and should be quite young. Currently I am going island wide to look for wild crocodiles. Pls let me know and share the photos with me if you happen to know where I can found one.
Regards,
Freddie Young

kevin: Wow, you spotted the croc! I believe the species name is Crocodylus porosus Perhaps its the same one here.

There's more info on this species at the ecology asia site.
http://www.ecologyasia.com/verts/lizards/estuarine_crocodile.htm

No comments: